Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reading & this week's picks

Let's see if Blogger lets me post today.

I've been reading the Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb "in Death" series lately. I'm up to book 20, Remember When, which is Roberts & Robb both writing. Interesting bit of dueling personalities here. I'm not very far into it to comment.

I really like the Eve Dallas series, though. Nora has created a believable world, far enough into the future that the advances she's writing as factual could occur but not so far into the future that we don't recognize the world she's writing about. Eve is such a fascinating character to me. Each book I find myself more and more endeared to her. I like Roarke, but I do get tired of him forcing his will on her. Once in a while it would be fine, but he does it too frequently and it bugs me. The rest of the supporting cast I love: Peabody, McNabb, Feeney, Mavis, Leonardo, Nadine, etc. Very well written characters.

That's it for me today. Here are my picks for the week:

Baltimore @ TennesseeBaltimore

Buffalo @ Indianapolis – Indianapolis

Cleveland @ AtlantaAtlanta

Green Bay @ MinnesotaGreen Bay (sigh)

Houston @ JacksonvilleJacksonville

NY Jets @ New England – New England

San Diego @ CincinnatiCincinnati

San Francisco @ DetroitDetroit

Washington @ PhiladelphiaWashington

Denver @ OaklandDenver

Dallas @ ArizonaDallas

St. Louis @ Seattle - Seattle

New Orleans @ PittsburghNew Orleans (Unless I’m mistaken, this game was moved to 4:15)

Chicago @ NY Giants – Chicago (moved to Sunday night)

Tampa Bay @ CarolinaCarolina

No byes this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home