Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday

Some of you may have noticed I haven't updated in a week. My step-dad, Wayne, passed away Monday and I've been down in the Chicago area since Monday, returning home Sunday night. It was sudden. He had a stroke Friday and seemed to be doing okay, then had a second, more massive stroke Saturday night while still at the hospital. They operated to remove or relieve the pressure on his brain from the blood clot and for about an hour after surgery he was stable and seemed aware, grabbing his wife's hand. After about an hour he started getting massive swelling on his brain and slipped into a coma, they inserted a breathing tube so the family could gather. Unfortunately, as I was driving 650 miles I was unable to see him.

A very emotional time for all of us. He had 8 kids, including 4 step-kids, and 23 grandchildren. He loved life, and I feel truly blessed that I had him in my life for the past 21+ years.

Susan

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home