Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Goodies I've discovered thanks to Netflix

I've been a member of Netflix for a while now. I can't say enough how much I love this service. I tried Blockbuster's program, but I left it before my trial membership was even up. The way they organize stuff, their selections, their recommendations, etc. None of them compare to Netflix. They tout now you can return your movies to the store and pick up a new one there, but for someone like me who doesn't go out hardly ever that's not an incentive. And, I don't' want to go to the store and have to sift through a million movies I've already seen or have no desire to see. I want to see ideas that I'd like because I rated and liked A, B, C, and didn't like X, Y, Z. Netflix does that.

So, things I've discovered on Netflix:
Smallville, Gilmore Girls & Battlestar Galactica. I'm anal retentive about starting shows from the beginning. It's just the way I am. So, despite the wonderful things I heard about these shows I never watched them. Until Netflix. The same with DEADWOOD on HBO. And Highlander the series. I started watching it, and almost didn't finish the first three disks that had been sent to me. It's kind of hokey, and Queen blaring at me in the theme music was a little annoying. But it grew on me, I'll probably continue inserting the various seasons in my queue. Unlike Smallville, Gilmore Girls & Battlestar Galactica, I have no desire to sit down and watch all of Highlander's seasons in rapid succession.

I've got a few other goodies coming to me: Rome, The L Word, MI-5. I've never seen any Star Trek's, a handful of episodes here and there. Maybe I'll even add them to my queue one day *s*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home