Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Taking the little one out and about & some updates

On Monday, I took my youngest daughter, 4, to see her first movie: Kung Fu Panda. Her reaction upon entering the theater was priceless. "Wow, that's a big TV." Being that she's not in daycare, sitting still for 90 minutes is not something that's ever really been required of her, so I wasn't sure how she'd do at the movies. So, we took in the earliest showing of the day, assuming it wouldn't be overly crowded and the audience would be families. I was right.

She did great, though. She moved over to my lap once or twice and got a little wiggly, but she remained quiet and seemed to enjoy the movie. She didn't say much about it afterward, but we have the McDonald's Happy Meal Po toy and she came home afterward and was playing with it rather enthusiastically. Where before seeing the movie she could take or leave it.

Now that I know she'll sit through a movie I'll be more apt to take her to them, because I enjoy getting out of the house once in a while just as much as she does.

She's been asking me all morning to go the park. Unfortunately, we're rain-infested here today so no trips to the park are in order I don't think.


On the update front:

Hubby finally found a new job a couple of weeks ago. I was so relieved for him, though I'm sure mine was nowhere near what he was feeling. Part of the problem he was encountering in his job search was employers were requiring a Class A tractor-trailer license even if the job itself wasn't tractor-trailer driving. Because so many Class A drivers want to stick close to home, employers can do this. The place that hubby got hired is a seasonal job, thru the end of construction season, but they're getting him his Class A. So, hopefully when the job is finished he won't encounter the same problem with finding another job.

Oldest daughter finished her junior year. She's taking 2 summer school courses this year, of her own choosing. She's busy with work and doing what all 17 year olds are good at.

She & Hubby have been having a good dose of friction lately, the past year at least. It was something I couldn't intervene in as much as I wanted to. They needed to resolve it on their own, because the issues were between them and needed to be talked through. Something neither of them was willing to do. Evidently, this past weekend they've finally managed to do that and I'm hoping things will be better now. They were pretty stressful for a while and I think contributed to some of the issues oldest was having with schoolwork and moodiness.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home